41 issues, 2010 - 2015
I did the bulk of the writing and design work, as well as selling ads and running a yearly subscription drive. Regular contributors included Mickey Zacchilli, James Kuo, CF, Sophia Tintori, Brian Chippendale, Kate Schapira, Charlotte de Sédouy, Michael DeForge, Arthur Katrina, Mike Taylor, Charles Forsman, Melissa Mendes, and Tom Bubul.
To order a selection of back issues of Mothers News, please see Domino Books.
- "hyper, delirious, and weird. ...essential reading." - Paris Review
- "The United States’ only worthwhile newspaper... an ebullient and funny and devastatingly smart project." - Grace Ambrose
- "I like the writing" - Gary Panter
- "Mothers News is smart and funny and it justifies the continued existence of physical newspapers in a smaller, more personal form." - Printeresting
- Mothers News interview in Maximumrockandroll magazine #379. Read it online here:[link]
- Mothers News interview in ACRES magazine. Read it online here: [link]
- Mothers News won a New England Art Award for "Best Book 2011".
Mothers News breakfast (photo by Veronica Fish)
Mothers News bundle
Mothers News all-frog issue
Mothers News patch (photo by E Connor)
MN interior (photo by Shaina Hoffman)
blurb from the Mothers News installation at the Carpenter Center for the Arts, Harvard University. I did not write this.
photo by Jenine Bressner
Mothers News t-shirt by Michael DeForge
The Body (with friend) for Mothers News